I’ve been digging into my gelatin and collagen stash, to help give my body the deep nutrition that it needs.
Because I, and so many of my clients, struggle with issues of Yin and Blood Deficiency. When you are Yin and/or Blood Deficient, you can have trouble with feeling dry: dry skin, dry nails, dry and/or thinning hair, and a general sense of losing that juicy vitality of youth.
This Jelly-o helps boost Yin and Blood in three ways:
Gelatin Collagen Fruit juice – primarily: grape, pear, and cranberry
Here’s what you need:
- 1 oz gelatin powder
- 4TB collagen powder
- 2TB elderberry syrup
- 2TB maple syrup
- 32oz bottle of Lakewood Cranberry Blend
- 2c water – boiled
Here’s what you do:
- Place half the bottle of juice blend in a large bowl, then sprinkle the collagen and gelatin powders on top.
- Whisk together, then add 2c of just-boiled water.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining juice on the stove, and once hot, pour into your concoction.
- Whisk again.
- Then, add the maple and elderberry syrups.
- Whisk one last time to combine.
- It should be a gorgeous ruby color. (Red is the color of the Heart, of Blood!)
- Then, set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature, place in the fridge for several hours to set.
This makes enough gelled fruit for A LOT of servings.
Eat within the week.